Frontline, the award-winning PBS program, is reporting on how Derek Owens, a former player for the University of Central Arkansas who suffered from a series of concussions, is suing the NCAA. Owens and three other athletes are claiming the NCAA “has engaged in a long-established pattern of negligence and inaction” when it comes to head injuries, as well as profiting immensely from student athletes.
- NFL Releases 2017 Health and Safety Report
- In Case You Missed the October 2017 Concussion Litigation Reporter
- Contact in Sports May Lead to Differences In The Brains Of Young, Healthy Athletes
- NFL Announces Winners of Second Head Health Tech Challenge
- Aaron Hernandez Diagnosed with Stage III CTE at Brain Bank
Tagsawareness baseline brain canada class action coach College concussion conference court CTE education expert football helmet high school hockey insurance lacrosse law lawsuit legal legislation litigation marijuana medical NCAA negligence nfl policy protocol research return-to-play safety settlement soccer study symptoms TBI technology test testing trainer treatment youth