Tag Archives: injury
Joseph Cammarata, Washington, DC personal injury lawyer and partner at the law firm of Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., has recently been named President of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Cammarata is also a co-founder of the Brain Injury Association of Washington, D.C., for which he currently serves as president and treasurer.
Concussion Litigation Reporter — April 2015
April 2015, Vol. 3, No. 10
Timely reporting on developments and legal strategies at the intersection of sports and concussions—articles that benefit practicing attorneys who may be pursuing a claim or defending a client.
- Concussion Lawsuit Arises from Intramural Basketball Game
- Concussion litigation: the Next Frontier
- Federal Judge Denies NHL’s Motion to Dismiss Concussion Suit
- Class-Action Plaintiffs Respond to FIFA’s Attempt to Dismiss their Concussion Lawsuit
- Heading Off Concussions
- Athletic Trainer, Who Suffered Post-Concussion Symptoms, Denied Benefits
- Leaving the Game Early Because of Concussions and What It Means
- Recap of the Reactions to the New Concussion Safety Protocol Committee
- Sounds from Helmets Colliding Explored as Alternative to Understanding Football Collisions
The Safety Institute will host “a National Discussion on Injury Prevention” that addresses concussions as well as many other health-related topics at the Hilton Hotel in Rosemont, IL September 24 and 25.
Christopher Nowinski of Sports Legacy Institute will give a keynote address, entitled “The Concussion Crisis in Athletics—What We have Learned Since 2007”, at the conference, which is open to working professionals in the Public Health, Medical, and Legal Communities.
Nowinski’s talk will be followed by a panel discussion on “Traumatic Brain Injury: From Prevention to Rehabilitation.” The following experts, including Nowinski, will participate:
- Dr. Teo Dagi, Neuro-surgeon; Chair, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Dr. Ronald Fijalkowski, ARCCAA
- Philicia Deckard, Brain Injury Association of Illinois
- Russ Fine, TSI Board Member, Founding director University of Alabama-Birmingham Injury Control Research Center
To register, visit the following link: http://www.thesafetyinstitute.org/conference-injury-prevention/