Tag Archives: recognition
The Sports Legacy Institute will hold its 7th Annual Impact Awards dinner on the night of October 30 at the Boston Harbor Hotel in Boston.
Organizers of the event annually present the Impact Award, which recognizes those who have made a significant contribution to our mission “to advance the study, treatment, and prevention of the effects of brain trauma in athletes and other at-risk groups.”
Last year’s winner was the WWE. Stephanie McMahon and Paul Levesque accepted the award on behalf of the wrestling entity.
Past honorees have included:
- The Ivy League, accepted by Executive Director Robin Harris
- Boston University Professor Dr. Ann McKee
- Former New England Patriot Kevin Turner & the Kevin Turner Foundation
- The NFL, accepted by Commissioner Roger Goodell
- Former New England Patriot Ted Johnson
- Former NHL player Keith Primeau
- Professional Boxer & WBU Champion Micky Ward
- Captain William B. Reynolds (ret.)
The attend or sponsor, visit www.sportslegacy.org